2019 Winners Announced!
The 2019 Texas Mental Health Awareness Creative Arts Contest brought in a record number of entries—a total of 773! It was very tough to judge (matter of fact, we’re planning to start an Instagram page to show off more artwork), but below are this year’s winners. Thank you all for participating, and we look forward to seeing your work next year!
Note: To see this year’s public gallery dates, click here.
Visual Art Winners
Adult Original Artwork
- 1st: “Self Portrait in Blue” by Erica Lee
- 2nd: “Mostly Blue” by Lauryl Eddlemon
- 3rd: “Further” by Eris Gentle
- Hon. Mention: “AfroTrois” by Anjola Coker
- Hon. Mention: “And we’ll live a long life” by Bryan Clocker
- Hon. Mention: “Unstable Thought” by JJDM
High School Original Artwork
- 1st: “What’s Beneath the Skin” by Emily N.
- 2nd: “Guidance” by Gwen P.
- 3rd: “Swarm of anger” by Ana P.
- Hon. Mention: “Scarred from the burns” by Anonymous
- Hon. Mention: “Perfectionist” by Priscilla S.
- Hon. Mention: “Fallen Petal” by Denisse D.
Middle School Original Artwork
- 1st: “Pandora” by Penelope (Penny) M.
- 2nd: “Latching Onto Negativity” by Alina I.
- 3rd: “life & Death” by Arexy Z.
- Hon. Mention: “PERSPECTIVE” by Leela K.
- Hon. Mention: “Mixed Feelings” by Destiny H.
- Hon. Mention: “Who’s Your Friend? He’s Schizophrenic” by Isabella B.M.
Elementary Original Artwork
- 1st: “We All Can’t Fly” by Samantha L.
- 2nd: “UNTITLED” by Ceila C.
- 3rd: “Mental health matters to me. I love my emotions” by Neha S.
- Hon. Mention: “Anxiety” by Tarja S.
- Hon. Mention: “Mind Battle” by Kayla C.
- 1st: “Feeling Funny” by Alicia Wells
- 2nd: “Vile Is Not The One Who Endures It” by Anonymous
- 3rd: “Perseverance” by Tyler H.
- Hon. Mention: “UNTITLED” by Annabel D.
- Hon. Mention: “UNTITLED” by Edgar T.
- 1st: “If It Was Physical” by Holly Ainsworth
- 2nd: “Because You Matter to Me” by Carly Bassett, LCSW-S
- 3rd: “Not Who We Are, Not Who We Were, but Who We Are Becoming” by Regina Gordy
High School Writing
- 1st: “Morning Pancakes” by Miriam R.
- 2nd: “Be careful because you may know them” by Tonii R.G.
- 3rd: “Homeless” by Sebastian L.
Middle School Writing
- 1st: “Seesaw” by Jessica Z.
- 2nd: “Voices” by Kate V.
- 3rd: “Splattered Paint” by TaJayiah J.
Join the discussion and tell us your opinion.
Hello, I am excited to have been able to enter the exhibit to represent the countless mental health supporters and survivors throughout society. I will most assuredly participate once more and share the pieces with my circle of friends. I am also going to encourage fellow artists to participate next year. I appreciate the opportunity to give of my time and talents to this awareness campaign. Thanks again.