The 2022 Texas Mental Health Awareness Creative Arts Contest brought in nearly 630 submissions. We had some amazing and moving contributions from all age groups! You can also follow our Instagram, where we’ll showcase even more entries throughout the year. We greatly appreciate the participation of all our artists and writers and congratulate all on their accomplishments. We hope to see you in December 2023 for next year’s contest!
Visual Art Winners
Adult Original Artwork
- 1st: “A letter for my younger self” by A. B.
- 2nd: “Cold Rain” by Ryan Ochoa
- 3rd: “Going ‘Round” by Lauryl Eddlemon
- Hon. Mention: Untitled by Toni Boyer
- Hon. Mention: “Everything is Fine” by Izzabell Dawson
High School Original Artwork
- 1st: “Cut and Paste” by Mia P.
- 2nd: “Self Care” by Anonymous
- 3rd: “Unreachable“ by Valeria D.
- Hon. Mention: “Rapture“ by Graceson C.
- Hon. Mention: “Reflect” by Lucia M.
Middle School Original Artwork
- 1st: “High-Schooler to Be” by Vanessa Q.
- 2nd: “Artsie.Kelcie – Images of Emotion” by Kelcie A.
- 3rd: “Error Message” by Nathan R.
- Hon. Mention: “Flowering Hope” by Gloria H.
- Hon. Mention: “You are not alone” by Shreya B.
- Hon. Mention: “Trapped” by Alyssa B.
Elementary Original Artwork
- 1st: “The Great Balancing Act” by Raegan F.
- 2nd: “Brave” by Baylee H.
- 3rd: “A Day at School“ by Oscar J.
- Hon. Mention: “Positive Behavior and Care Leads to Strong Mental Health, Think Healthy” by Aarav G.
- Hon. Mention: “Social Anxiety” by R. M.
- 1st: “Anxiety II“ by Donnell B.
- 2nd: “What I See“ by Luke G.
- 3rd: “Healing and Growing” by Diane Stoddard
- Hon. Mention: “Broken But Growing“ by Melissa Stone
- Hon. Mention: “Why Does Mental Health Matter to You” by Subanithaa S.
- 1st: “Scared” by Mary Baird
- 2nd: “Prides, Baggages, and Life” by Julia Bracken
- 3rd: “Look to the People” by Jennifer Leal
- Hon. Mention: “The Pain Beneath the Smile” by Kacy Francis
- Hon. Mention: “The Flower with an Eating Disorder” by Amanda Wall
- Hon. Mention: “Mindless” by Carlos Mendoza
High School Writing
- 1st: “Lost” by Kendi M.
- 2nd: “The One Second Disease” by A. G.
- 3rd: “Roadkill” by Vance G.
- Hon. Mention: “Excuses“ by Anonymous
- Hon. Mention: “Dissection” by Shelby R.
- Hon. Mention: “Into Bluerock’s Soul” by Taylor B.
Middle School Writing
- 1st: “sparkle.” by Amelia L.
- 2nd: “Wilting Flowers” by Kylie D.
- 3rd: “To the monster in the mirror” by Cassandra B.
- Hon. Mention: “I’m Scared” by Sarahi V.
- Hon. Mention: “Forever Enough” by Emmalee S.
- Hon. Mention: “Breathe” by Anahi G.
- 1st: “Drew’s Dream Came True from His Feelings and Thoughts” by Aiden K.
- 2nd: “Nothing Is Possible without Mental Health” by Adhesh N.