The 2020 Texas Mental Health Awareness Creative Arts Contest brought in over 500 submissions! As always, it was very tough to judge, but below are this year’s winners. You can also follow our Instagram, where we’ll showcase even more awesome entries! Thank you all for participating, and we look forward to seeing your work next year!
Note: To see this year’s COVID-19 updates, click here.
Visual Art Winners
Adult Original Artwork
- 1st: “Help Me Help You” by Stefanie Kisamore
- 2nd: “Metamorphosis” by L.B.
- 3rd: “Meloncholia ii” by Samridh Mukhiya
- Hon. Mention: “My Nights” by Wood Anthony
- Hon. Mention: “Motherhood” by Kristina Brown
- Hon. Mention: “Wordbursting Series: ‘True Love'” by David M Dillard
- Hon. Mention: “Mind Cycle” by Margo Lunsford
- Hon. Mention: “You and I” by Dilan Baron
- Hon. Mention: “What We Inherit” by Lucy Miller-Downing
High School Original Artwork
- 1st: “Temporary Depression” by Leela A.
- 2nd: “Tears of Anxiety” by Sasha M.
- 3rd: “Watchful gaze” by Axel W.
- Hon. Mention: “Pretty Girls Dont Cry” by Sophia P.
- Hon. Mention: “Pumping with Anxiety” by Ariana B.
- Hon. Mention: “Beauty Grows from Forgotten” by Savannah T.
Middle School Original Artwork
- 1st: “Anxiety’s Control” by Devyn Alec S.
- 2nd: “‘Choose’ Your Avatar” by Alina I.
- 3rd: “Mind Blown” by Lila C.
- Hon. Mention: “Stay in the fight” by Iyesen B.
- Hon. Mention: “Highs and Lows (Living with Bipolar)” by Cameron S.
- Hon. Mention: “Running out of time” by Aracely G.
Elementary Original Artwork
- 1st: “Untitled” by Alyssa M.
- 2nd: “Trouble” by S.S.
- 3rd: “Muerte” by Jacen C.
- Hon. Mention: “How Mental Health Matters to Children” by Shiven J.
- 1st: “A Burden of Self” by Ellie Chavez
- 2nd: “Emotion of Transformation” by Christian Skruhak
- 3rd: “Only Human” by Alexis H.
- Hon. Mention: “War In My Mind” by Marlyn Garcia
- Hon. Mention: “Esoteric Series” by Cadence Y.
- 1st: “Bipolar is My Gift” by Kristen Fitzgerald
- 2nd: “A world without stigma” by Monique Smith
- 3rd: “He Matters” by J.R.
High School Writing
- 1st: “Cold Water” by Madeleine M.
- 2nd: “Light Up Your Mental Health” by Alyssa L.
- 3rd: “violet in me” by Valentina A.
Middle School Writing
- 1st: “Forever My Rainbow” by Mandi B.
- 2nd: “We are resilient” by Lucia M.
- 3rd: “Depression” by Trinatye B.