2020 Winners Announced!
The 2020 Texas Mental Health Awareness Creative Arts Contest brought in over 500 submissions! As always, it was very tough to judge, but below are this year’s winners. You can also follow our Instagram, where we’ll showcase even more awesome entries! Thank you all for participating, and we look forward to seeing your work next year!
Note: To see this year’s COVID-19 updates, click here.
Visual Art Winners
Adult Original Artwork
- 1st: “Help Me Help You” by Stefanie Kisamore
- 2nd: “Metamorphosis” by L.B.
- 3rd: “Meloncholia ii” by Samridh Mukhiya
- Hon. Mention: “My Nights” by Wood Anthony
- Hon. Mention: “Motherhood” by Kristina Brown
- Hon. Mention: “Wordbursting Series: ‘True Love'” by David M Dillard
- Hon. Mention: “Mind Cycle” by Margo Lunsford
- Hon. Mention: “You and I” by Dilan Baron
- Hon. Mention: “What We Inherit” by Lucy Miller-Downing
High School Original Artwork
- 1st: “Temporary Depression” by Leela A.
- 2nd: “Tears of Anxiety” by Sasha M.
- 3rd: “Watchful gaze” by Axel W.
- Hon. Mention: “Pretty Girls Dont Cry” by Sophia P.
- Hon. Mention: “Pumping with Anxiety” by Ariana B.
- Hon. Mention: “Beauty Grows from Forgotten” by Savannah T.
Middle School Original Artwork
- 1st: “Anxiety’s Control” by Devyn Alec S.
- 2nd: “‘Choose’ Your Avatar” by Alina I.
- 3rd: “Mind Blown” by Lila C.
- Hon. Mention: “Stay in the fight” by Iyesen B.
- Hon. Mention: “Highs and Lows (Living with Bipolar)” by Cameron S.
- Hon. Mention: “Running out of time” by Aracely G.
Elementary Original Artwork
- 1st: “Untitled” by Alyssa M.
- 2nd: “Trouble” by S.S.
- 3rd: “Muerte” by Jacen C.
- Hon. Mention: “How Mental Health Matters to Children” by Shiven J.
- 1st: “A Burden of Self” by Ellie Chavez
- 2nd: “Emotion of Transformation” by Christian Skruhak
- 3rd: “Only Human” by Alexis H.
- Hon. Mention: “War In My Mind” by Marlyn Garcia
- Hon. Mention: “Esoteric Series” by Cadence Y.
- 1st: “Bipolar is My Gift” by Kristen Fitzgerald
- 2nd: “A world without stigma” by Monique Smith
- 3rd: “He Matters” by J.R.
High School Writing
- 1st: “Cold Water” by Madeleine M.
- 2nd: “Light Up Your Mental Health” by Alyssa L.
- 3rd: “violet in me” by Valentina A.
Middle School Writing
- 1st: “Forever My Rainbow” by Mandi B.
- 2nd: “We are resilient” by Lucia M.
- 3rd: “Depression” by Trinatye B.
- 1st: “Be Yourself but Have a Friend” by Kami M.
- 2nd: “Bullied” by Bailey E.
- 3rd: “Stop the Stigma” by Lawson P.
Join the discussion and tell us your opinion.
All are very talented no wonder it’s hard to choose
The High school winner drawing is absolutely STUNNING!!
The Adults winners were amazing. But my heart goes out to the High, Middle and Elementary winners and others their work was beautiful, awesome, and just heart hugging. Loved to see and thank you for making it possible. I feel I have a much better understanding of the struggle our youth are going through and what it truly may look like in the inside. Thank you for this experience
Stunning work! Congrats to all.
Amazing work to all, congratulations to all.
I haven’t had the chance to review everything, but please, please, please share this website with the Born This Way Foundation, founded by Lady GaGa and her mother, Cynthia Germanotta. (#bornthiswayfoundation)